Resources Available to Families
The Child Tax Credit has been expanded and provides $3,000 per child aged 6-17 years and $3,600 per child under age 6.
Families who filed taxes in the last two years or who used the IRS “Non-Filer Portal” to get a stimulus check last year do not need to do anything. The IRS will automatically send them a monthly payment by direct deposit or check starting on July 15.
- Affordable internet services
- AT&T information
- Xfinity WiFi home hotspot information
- Xfinity hotspot finder
Federal aid is now available specifically to help families pay for high-speed internet service and a computer or tablet. The Emergency Broadband Benefit provides discounts of up to $50 a month for high-speed internet along with a onetime discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider.
Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Nicor has a number of financial assistance programs available to residents.
Note: Eligibility for some of these resources may depend upon your home address of your.
Tinley Park Food Panty
6875 173rd Place,
Tinley Park, IL. 60477
Service Areas: Tinley Park and Orland Hills
Redeemers Free Little Pantry
4955 W. 158th Street
Oak Forest, IL. 60452
VKMI Hattie B. Williams Food Pantry
5217 149th Street,
Oak Forest, IL 60452
Service Area: South Suburbs
Together We Cope
17010 Oak Park Ave.
Tinley Park, IL. 60477
Service Areas: Bremen, Orland, Palos and Worth townships
Orland Township Food Pantry
14807 S. Ravinia Ave.
Orland Park, IL. 60462
- Cook County Department of Public Health
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Tinley Park Information
- Oak Forest Information
Social Emotional/Mental Health Resources
- IDHS: School Based Mental Health Resources
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): How to Talk to Your Child
- Disasters and Scary Events: Helping Children Cope
- Helping Children Cope with Emergencies
- Manage Anxiety and Stress
- Returning to School After an Emergency or Disaster: Tips to Help Your Students Cope
- SAMHSA: Tips for Social Distancing (PDF Document)
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network (PDF Document)
- UNICEF - Dealing with Coronavirus Anxiety (Video)
- A Trauma-Informed Approach to Teaching Through Coronavirus
- Northwestern University: Strategies for Coping with Isolation and Loneliness
- From the School Nurse: Take 5 and Breathe